Saturday, April 10, 2010

Slight Setback

I have a setback for my training. I stumbled across a root on the trail while in New Zealand and when I fell I twisted my knee. Not too bad so did not make an issue of it but after I got home the pain got worse and worse. Walked my usual walk up the mountain, with my full backpack, on Tuesday and was in such paid I was not sure I could get home. Called my doctor at home that night and went to his office at 7:00am the next day. Had an x-ray and he said that according to his exam I had a torn/injured meniscus and according to what the MRI showed he might have to do a scope on it. I will find out Monday. Have been living on Advil and ice packs. He knows that I have this Camino coming up and said that I would still be able to do it.
Am anxious for Monday to get here so I can see what I have in store for me. This doctor is an orthopedic surgeon and is the team doctor for the Rome Braves bassball team as well as for a local high school's football team so he knows knee injuries very well and I trust him. He and his wife are going with me and my group to do a hike in Iceland in June and he said I would be able to do that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment