Tuesday, July 6, 2010

50 more days until I leave!

I am on a real countdown now! Got my Delta ticket last night, frequent flyer!, as well as my Iberia Air tickets to get me to the start and back to Madrid after the finish. Checked on my Delta itinerary this morning just to be sure they had not taken my free ticket away and it said "50 days until check in!"

I have a training schedule I am working on and feel that I will be fine. Maybe I am in denial but I really feel that I will be able to handle it. I better as it is too late to back out now as I have paid for the trip!

Getting up early tomorrow to walk about 4 miles in my neighborhood and then up the dreaded "power line" that goes up Mt. Alto. The up is hard but the down is harder-lots of little loose stones that threaten to make me fall. My hiking poles are invaluable. Going down I lenghten them and going up I shorten them. I try to put all of my weight on them going down so as take pressure off of my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment