Saturday, July 17, 2010

Trying to get back on track!

Well, I did my long walk on Tuesday and did okay but it was so hot and that about finished me! I did my usual walk with my Tuesday walking buddies then went back up to the House of Dreams. I did not double back as I had thought I would as it was brutal in the heat. I did what had suggested and took and extra pair of shoes/socks in my pack and about 3 hours into the walk I sat, had a real Coke, peanut butter crackers and a little tub of applesauce, then changed my shoes/socks. That made a real difference. My socks were Icebreaker wool and I wear them summer/winter but they were soaked although it had wicked away from my feet. This is supposed to keep blisters away and I have to agree with it. When I am actually on the trip I plan to take 2 pair extra socks with me every day to swap out. It is blisters that cause people so much trouble on this trek. Have gone back to wearing my boots for practice and have put an MBT intersole in them for cushioning. Will walk with these today and see how they do with the extra intersole.

No comments:

Post a Comment