Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Walking the power line

I had a great time walking this morning! Started at 8:00 as it was supposed to get to 100 today and walked the 5 miles in my neighborhood as well as up the infamous "power line" that goes up Mt. Alto. It is so steep that I have to shorten my hiking poles going up but lenghten them for the downhill. Spent 2 hours doing all of this and felt great! I wish that I could get my mind off of my knee though. It is like waiting for a tooth to hurt! You think it will and just want it to happen so you can get thrugh it but it did not! My daughter Paige told me today that a physical therapist friend of hers told her to tell me that I should not be doing so much walking on pavement now, or even trails but that I should go back and forth in deep water in a pool but I cannot make myself do that. She said that I would get as much exercise doing this as I would by the actual walking but I can't bring myself to just do that. I honestly don't see how I can build up to do 20 miles a day for 36 days by walking around in deep water. Wish I had someone to give me an opinion on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment