Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2nd Blog today

I just wrote a long blog but my euro ran out and I lost it! Can´t remember all I wrote but do remember that I am amazed at the spirit on this pilgrimage, so much, much more than an ordinary trek, no matter how wonderful the others were. Only one person has expressed to me that he is doing this simply as a walk and to lose weight. There are easier ways to lose weight than to walk 500 miles!

The weather has gotten cooler, especially in the mornings. I left at 6:00 2 mornings but won´t again as my little flashlight is not good enough. Everyone else has head lamps. With my 2 hiking poles it is hard to get my flashlight positioned right in my hand, simply no room. 7:30 is a great time to start. Some days I do not eat breakfast but eat something from my pack at 9:00 or so, so bread or cheese or even limp potato chips. I am staying filled up with water, am drinking more and more of it as time goes on. If I get to my hotel by about 3:00 I can get a pilgrims´lunch and that does me for the day with just a snack at night. The ordinary dinners here are not until 8:30 and that is too late for me. I have built up my strenght so I do not have to go to bed by 8:00 but can´t wait that late to eat. I wish I could find the bar that Father Cobb mentioned having greasy hamburgers, dripping with good stuff, because I would pay ANY amount for one of those hamburgers! Vegetables, except fries, are hard to come by and I was thrilled to hav peas and carrots today! It is amazing how the simple things are so wonderful!

Will get to Leon in 2 days. Am very worried about crossing the 4 lane highway, every book warns about it. If I could find a bus or cab without 2 or 3 miles of it I would certainly catch it.

I am on the downward turn of this journey of faith and love. I am so appreciative to all of you for your suppòrt and especially I am greatful for the wonderful support my husband, Steve, has shown me. Not just in the finances but for this attitude. He is the best!

I am at a hostel using the computer and they are about to eat so I will go to my little hotel.

Buen Camino and God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. I'll buy you a greasy hamburger if/when I see you again. Am enjoying following this journey with you. xo Andra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, Do you know the song (He Will Make a Way).You need to start singing it.
    "He will make a way, where there seems to be no way.
    He works in ways we cannot see, He will make a way for me.
    He will be my guide,keep me closely to His side,
    with love and faith for each new day, He will make a way,
    He will make a way."
    Sing this, if you don't know the tune, make one up. Trust God to get you across the 4 lane. Don't let worry or fear trump your faith. You've got more guts than almost anyone I know. But the bottom line is to 'follow peace'.
    I am praying everyday. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy so much following you on this pilgrimage. Look forward to hearing your stories when you return!

    ReplyDelete