Sunday, August 15, 2010

10 days to go!

I am 10 days out from leaving on this adventure. I am so excited but am already getting weepy over the thought of being gone from Steve so long. Because of my travel business I am used to being gone for 2-3 weeks but this 6 weeks is long even for me. I have the most wonderful husband, Steve, who does not believe that the word "let" has any part in a marriage. For instance "Steve let me go to Spain for 6 weeks." He will miss me but would never, by word or look or mood or whatever try to keep me from doing this. He is probably the only person who fully understands why I want to do this. I would hope that I would be the same if our situations were reversed but I doubt it! I am not as generous as he is!

I am backing off from my walking after this Thursday. I will walk about 12 miles on Tuesday and maybe 6 miles on Wednesday but that is all I will do. I had read that you should let your body rest for about 10 days before undertaking something like this. I plan to do lots of stretching though and on the 23rd, 2 days before I leave, I am going back to Advance Rehab, my physical therapists, to have them evaluate my knee. I know it is going to do fine. I still have some twinges but I might have had them for years but just had not been aware of them. Boy, am I aware now!

5 comments:

  1. I will be in Utah when you begin your 500 mile journey. But I am taking my laptop with me so I will keep up with you. I definately want to be one of your cheerleaders. I am so proud of you for taking on this huge adventure. I can't wait to hear from you as often as you can get to a computer.

    Love ya,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,
    I just figured out where to sign in so I will be following you. Am I living vicariously? Surely I am! And admiring your efforts all the way. Good luck and God bless!
    Connie Lowe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much sweet friends! Most of all I need prayers! Prayers that my knee will hold up, prayers that my sciatic will stay calm, prayers that I don't get lost, prayers that God sends me someone to walk with at least part of the way. These things I covet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally figured out how to follow you on Google! Look forward to it! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie, hope you are faring well. As promised, I am reading along with your walk in "To A Field of Stars." I had planned to read about your next day's walk each night, but the book is so interesting, I am about a week ahead of your location. Regardless of my location in the book, I want you to know I am thinking about you every day and hope the weather treats you well.
    Love, Karen Lagow

    ReplyDelete