Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Night before I leave

Today has been a very emotional one for me because a group of friends got together at my church this afternoon and had a wonderful prayer service for me for safety, health, secuity, joy and peace on this Comino. I have never felt so humbled nor so elated at the same time. Plus, so many others have sent cards and called to wish me well that I am really a basket case but weeping is second nature to me, wether I am sad or if I am happy. One special friend sent me a little angel to take with me to be reminded that I am being watched over. I am so very blessed.

I think back to the two years I have been planning this pilgrimage and can't believe that it is now about to begin. In fact, I leave tomorrow, arrive in Madrid at 9:30 Thursday morning, have a 6 hour wait for my Iberia flight to Pomplona and then on to Saini-Jean-de-Port in France. I will get to my hotel in France around 7:30 Thursday night. I have Friday off to get over jet lag and then begin my pilgrimage around 7:30 on Saturday morning which will be 1:30am here at home. If you all are late sleepers by the time you are up and going, around 10:00 I should have my first day of 20 miles in the bag.

I will try to update this when I can get to a computer, whenever that is! Most of the places I stay will be small towns or villages and I have no idea if/when I get to a computer but be assured that I will do this blog whenever I can.

I so appreciate all of the good thoughts and prayers and wishes sent my way. I hope that all of you can have a similar dream to what I have had these past two years and that you can follow it as I am doing.

Until I am on my Camino, goodbye!

5 comments:

  1. Buen Camino, Marie. Thoughts and prayers are with you as set off on this pilgramage. Lots of Love, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear all about what you eat. And, of course, everything else. Godspeed.
    Andra

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my dreams I would love to do this too ....be careful and enjoy the experience - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a test to see if I can get into the blog.
    Jimmye

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I can get into the blog. I have been sitting on my deck every morning eating my cereal and yougurt walking with you and Father Kevin. I was hysterical when you said you wished you could find Father Kevin's hamburger place. I am trying to keep up with my journal ... it's probably silly, but just comments about some of the things Father Kevin commented on that made me think of life. It's late here. Vaya con dios mi peregrina. vaya con paz. The prayer was beautiful. I am in a constant attitude of prayer for you. Praying blisters away! Love, Jimmye

    ReplyDelete