Saturday, August 21, 2010

Four Days to Go!

I am four days out of leaving and because of the weather and other things I did not get to do my long walks this week but I have decided that I am either ready for it or not! It is so very hot and humid here in Rome PLUS I have been working on my 2011
tours and so have not felt bad about not beating myself up in the heat and humidity.

I am still within the 10 days of advisement of not walking before the start PLUS I have to think that it is the years and years of walking that will work for me as opposed to these few days before. I know I will be tired at the end of the first day of nearly 20 miles but I will be fine!

I will not post anything until I get to the start, in France, at Saint-Jean_Pied-de-Port on the 26th. I arrive that day, have the next day off to get over jet lag and begin the morning of the 28th, about 8:00 French time and 2:00 EST time. If anyone believes in prayer, as I do, I will ask you to pray for me along this journey. Please pray for safety, for the ability to sleep at night when I am exhausted, for me not getting lost , and that I find someone who speaks English that I can walk with for awhile. I do not mind doing this by myself but would love SOME compant!

I so ppreciate those of you who are "following" me. It means a lot to me to know that you are thinking of me and offering prayers in my behalf. You are the best!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new photo. Very cool. You will be great on this trek. xo Andra

    ReplyDelete