Friday, August 27, 2010

I am here!

Folks, this girl from Rome, GA is about to put her footprients along with the millions of others who have trod this path for the last 1250 years. I start in the morning and can`t believe that this time has come, I have been in tears, or near tears, since Tuesday when some friends gathered to pray for me. There there were the tears in the airport after Steve dropped me off, then I am sure the tears last night were of fatique but after a 4-hour nap today I am packed and ready to head out at 7:00 in the morning. Have seen people come in all day so hope some of the same will be heading out the same time as I do tomorrow. I have talked to some, tried to anyway as not one has spoken English but I gather that those here this afternoon came from further in France and are going on to Santiago. People start all ovee Europe on this, so do as many as 700 miles but most begin here in this lettle French village. It is within an old castle wall and is charming. Although only 30 or some miles from Spain you never forget that you are in France! The shops, restaurants and flowers could be any little town in France. And the Pyrenees I will go over tomorrow are lovely from the ramparts.

It is hot here, today was nearly as hot as when we have had in Rome, Very surprised.
It is overcast now so it might rain. If it is rainy we are advised to take the lower route over the mountains but I hope for the higher one as the views are supposed to be spectacular.

Thank you all for continuing to love and pray for me. My precious husband will update my FB status when I call him every day. Steve is the greatest!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to follow your journey Marie! I hope you can post some pics along the way. xo Andra

    ReplyDelete